Saturday, January 20, 2018

Virtual Plein Air Study 10

Another plein air of Lauterbrunnen.
I really like the source reference that I found from google so I took more time with it and spent about 4 hours on it.

Here is the breakdown:

Step 01.
Sketch and rough value grouping.

Step 02.
Planning and trying to find the light source.

Step 03.
Rough color block in.

Step 04.
One hour painting in. I wanted to focus on establishing the texture.
I started of the far mountain to get comfortable in painting the rocky texture. ( I was referring alot to Mark Maggiori paintings to see how he does it.)

Step 05.
Another hour painting in. 
Started to paint the more important sections that I wanted to focus on (that I already planned in step 02.

Step 06.
Final shot! This is about another one and a half hour after the previous step.
I kinda speed up around this time since I was running out of time! 
Hope you had fun seeing the step by step!

No comments:

Post a Comment